Containers provides developers with a lightweight method of launching multiple applications and services on a public or private cluster. Containers allow developers to host and deploy various websites and apps on a variety of systems reliably and consistently. For example, containers allow developers to deploy an instance of Solodev CMS for their production site and another instance for testing and development. The power of containerized applications can be extended with the help of add-ons that are categorized for Solodev CMS as follows: Themes, Applications and Modules. With the added ability to set and manage permissions, administrators can enjoy enhanced security and provide better control over mission critical applications or tasks.
Advantages of containers
After launching a container, users can enjoy the following advantages:
- Less overhead: Containers use less system resources than traditional hardware or WM environments since a full copy of the operating system is not required.
- Increased portability: Applications running in containers can be easily deployed to different operating systems or hardware platforms.
- Consistent operations: Containerized applications run the same regardless of where they are deployed.
- Increased efficiency: Rapidly deploy, scale or patch applications
- Improved application development: Accelerate development, test, and production cycles.