What do image galleries, blogs, calendars, forms have in common? They all store data such as images, blog entries, dates and contact information. In Solodev, modules are leveraged to manage this data. Modules allow the user to manage any type of data. Modules are one of the most powerful objects in Solodev CMS; they can be as simple or complex as necessary. They can be used to power:
- Web Forms
- Contact Lists
- Employee Listings
- News or Blog Feeds
- Events Calendars
- Photo Galleries
- Landing Pages for Marketing Purposes
- And More!
There are two types of Modules:
- Calendars – a type of module that can be modified to create date-based customer facing applications. Calendars can be used to build an unlimited number of custom web and mobile applications to manage content.
- Datatables – are database dependent applications that can be formatted for display in a variety of ways on several devices.
With Datatables, users can build:
- User Interface - Build custom user interfaces to interact with your data.
- Database Schemas - Define fields and Solodev CMS builds tables to store data.
- Categorization - Create a system of relationships and categorization for your data.
- RESTful APIs - Utilize a built-in API to expose datatable information to external publishing channels such as websites, mobile apps, intranets and other API enabled technologies.
Solodev supports the following Calendar Types:
- Events – A calendar that shows events that have a specific start and end date.
- Blog -- The blog is suited for article feeds, news entries, and other sets of data where end dates are optional.
- Photos – A photo calendar is great for displaying photos or creating a gallery.
- Landing Page – Create landing pages for marketing purposes.
- Custom – a custom calendar gives users the ability to tailor a calendar type to their needs – using some or all the of functionality in the aforementioned calendar types.
The next article will show the user how to use modules to manage their content.